Cookting time: 30 minutes
Total preparation time: 75 minutes
Type of pressure cooker: Stovetop or electric
- 2 smoked sausages, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 red bell peppers, chopped
- 3 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 tbsp garlic cloves, minced
- 6 cups fish stock
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 lb crabmeat
- 24 oysters, shucked
- 6-8 cups of cooked rice
- Salt and pepper
- ½ cup of vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp dried thyme
- ½ cup green onions, chopped
- ¼ cup parsley, chopped
- Sauté the veggies. In the cooker over medium-high heat, add 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil and stir in onions, red pepper, celery and garlic. Sauté for 5 minutes until veggies start to brown. Add sausages, thyme, pepper, and fish stock.
- Cook for 10 minutes. Lock the lid of the cooker and bring the pot to high pressure. Then reduce it to medium-low and cook for 10 minutes. Remove the pot from the heat and use the quick release function of your cooker to release any pressure. If using an electric pressure cooker, make sure you let the pressure release and not let the cooker switch to the warm setting.
- Make a roux. In a separate saucepan, heat the remaining vegetable oil and stir in flour. Keep stiring (do not let it burn) until the flour turns into the color of peanut butter. Remove the roux from the heat. Combine the roux with some broth in a bowl and add the mixture to the cooker. Stir until thickened. Add shrimp, crabmeat, and oysters.
- Cook for another minute. Lock the lid of the cooker and bring the pot to high pressure. Cook for a minute and use the quick release function of your cooker to release any pressure.
- Enjoy. Top the gumbo with parsley, green onions, and salt and pepper to taste. Serve over rice.